lunedì 20 febbraio 2012

[EN] Zeppole and fried pizza recipe

Zeppole are doughnut 
traditionally made 
at Carnival or 
for Christams Eve lunch.




Making time: 15 minutes + 1 hour to stand
Cooking time: 5 minutes each
Total time: 100 minutes







Ingredients (15 zeppole + 3 fried pizza):

0.88 g (25 g) baking powder
35.3 oz (1 kg) flour
2 tbsp salt
Anchovies
Oil to fry

In a big bowl I put the flour.
I melt the brewer's yeast in mild water.
I add a tbsp of salt and I pour the mixture 
in the bowl. 

I add warm water, 
the mixture has to be very soft.





I make a cross, I cover it  with a cloth and I put it in a warm place for 1 hour.




I make a ball and I put in hot oil.




In some balls I add an anchovy.




I let them brown.





 
 

Fried pizza:






I need 4-5 tomatoes and 5 slices of mozzarella.


I roll the dough and I fry it. 
 
I dip it in the oil and on one side I push it 
 
down, so that I'll make an hollow, where  
one minute before it's ready, I put a 


piece of mozzarella and tomato.
  I dip it again, so the mozzarella melts down.





That's all!
Byeee





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento