venerdì 30 dicembre 2011

[EN] Roasting peppers recipe

To my uncle Anna, 
who loved this dish.
Last time I made it for her.
Today would have been 
her 53th birthay.

I miss you!



Preparation time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
 Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour

Ingredients (3 people):

4 Red and yellow peppers
Garlic
Oil
Salt
Parsley


I wash the peppers and I dry them.

Before roasting the peppers, I protect my stove with silver foil (Do that or you'll hate me when you have to clean it!!!! You can roast them in the oven too but I prefer use the flame.)


I put the peppers on the flame and I turn them now and again until the skin is blackened all over and the pepper is softer.





I let them cool, then I remove the stick.




In a bowl I hold the liquid that forms.



I wash the peppers removing the pellicle and all the seeds.




I filter the liquid.



I cut peppers into strips.

I chop parsley and garlic.
I remove garlic's "soul" (sorry I don't know how to traslate it... it's the green shoot).

I dress peppers with oil, salt and parsley and garlic.





That's all!!!


BUON APPETITO!!!




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento